Re: 2.3 URI Ambiguity

From: Walden Mathews <waldenm@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 14:15:14 -0500
To: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>, "Williams, Stuart" <skw@hp.com>
Cc: www-tag@w3.org

Hey,

: True.  So if you point was to suggest that the conference registration
: form, by virtue of asking for a registrant's "email address" rather
: than their "globally unique identifier", defines the context for
: interpretation, I'd agree.  I just didn't see the example explaining
: that point.  If it can be fixed, then great, though as I mentioned to
: Walden, I'm not sure it can while remaining succinct.

It seems to me that the Architecture of the World Wide Web
has to make a decision as to whether there is such a thing as
indirect identification at the architecture level, and if so formalize
what that is.

Otherwise, beyond saying "don't do that" about using URI to
identify more than one resource, I don't think there is anything
to say, and one shouldn't try.

Sorry to keep chiming in...

Walden