URIEquivalence-15

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 13:02:21 +0100
To: www-tag@w3.org

This is some comments on the draft finding
http://www.textuality.com/tag/uri-comp-4

Editorial
  1) TOC is out of date
  2) #good frag goes nowhere from TOC

more substantive:

I suggest that the following two additional points be added to the good
practice section

+ For URIs following the generic syntax produce an abs_path of "/" in
preference to omitting the abs_path
 (this might need an additional example earlier in the doc http://example.com
vs http://example.com/ )

+ When the URI transport permits unescaped international characters (e.g. an
XLink href or an XML Schema anyURI, or XML Namespaces 1.1) then do not use
%-escaping (unless using a non-UTF-8 encoding)

(I have a bug report which I think is a user error based on the first point;
there is text in XML Namespaces 1.1 on the second point)

Jeremy