W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > April 2003

[Agenda] 14 Apr 2003 TAG teleconf (URIEquivalence-15, IRIEverywhere-27, xmlIDSemantics-32, contentTypeOverride-24)

From: Ian B. Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: 10 Apr 2003 10:25:58 -0400
To: www-tag@w3.org
Message-Id: <1049984757.7334.415.camel@seabright>

Hello,

The agenda of the 14 Apr TAG teleconf is available
at HTML [1] and as text below.

 - Ian

[1] http://www.w3.org/2003/04/14-tag

=======================================================


                   Agenda for 14 Apr 2003 TAG teleconference


1. Administrative (30min)

    1. Confirm Chair, Scribe
    2. Accept [7]7 Apr teleconference minutes?
    3. Accept this [8]agenda?
    4. Next meeting: 21 April?

      [7] http://www.w3.org/2003/04/07-tag-summary.html
      [8] http://www.w3.org/2003/04/14-tag.html

  1.1 Meeting planning

     * Please register for AC meeting
     * The TAG will strive to organize a virtual meeting shortly after
       the WWW Conference. See [9]thoughts from SW on organizing a
       virtual meeting. See [10]questionnaire
     * Suggested dates:
          + 2 June (Regrets: PC, TB?)
          + 18 June (Regrets: PC, TB?)
          + 19 June (Regrets: TB?)
          + 20 June (Regrets: RF, TB?)

      [9] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Mar/0082.html
     [10] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34270/05%252F06.03/

  1.2 W3C Track Presentation

     * [11]W3C track
     * [12]Notes from Paul Cotton.
     * Speakers? PC volunteers and suggests one other.

     [11] http://www2003.org/t_www.htm
     [12] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Apr/0010.html

  1.3 TAG report at AC meeting

    1. Completed action IJ 2003/04/07: Report to mtg organizer TBL
       constraint on slot for TAG report, then report back to TAG on
       revised slot (11:30-12:30).

  1.4 Completed action items

    1. Action IJ 2003/04/07: Send out [13]summary of TAG activity.

     [13] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Apr/0036.html

2. Technical (60min)

  2.1 Issues the TAG intends to discuss

     * [14]URIEquivalence-15
          + SW proposal: Track RFC2396bis where [15]Tim Bray text has
            been integrated. Comment within the IETF process. Move this
            issue to pending state.
     * [16]IRIEverywhere-27
          + Action CL 2003/04/07: Revised position statement on use of
            IRIs. CL says to expect this by 21 April.
          + What text can we advise WGs to include in their specs on the
            use of IRIs?
     * [17]xmlIDSemantics-32
          + See [18]Chris Lilley draft finding
     * [19]contentTypeOverride-24
          + Completed action IJ 2003/03/24: Draft up some language; make
            connection to error-handling issue. TAG position with
            rationale why to not override server value of content type.
            ([20]Done)
          + Solicit review of this draft finding?
     * [21]abstractComponentRefs-37
          + See [22]issue description from David Orchard
     * [23]namespaceDocument-8
          + Action TB 2003/04/07: Prepare RDDL Note. Include in status
            section that there is TAG consensus that RDDL is a suitable
            format for representations of an XML namespace. Clean up
            messy section 4 of RDDL draft and investigate and publish a
            canonical mapping to RDF.
          + Action PC 2003/04/07: Prepare finding to answer this issue,
            pointing to the RDDL Note.
     * Updates or reports on other issues?

     [14] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#URIEquivalence-15
     [15] http://www.textuality.com/tag/uri-comp-4
     [16] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#IRIEverywhere-27
     [17] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#xmlIDSemantics-32
     [18] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/xmlIDSemantics-32.html
     [19] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#contentTypeOverride-24
     [20] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/mime-respect-20030405.html
     [21] http://www.w3.org/2003/04/24-tag-summary.html#abstractComponentRefs-37
     [22] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Apr/0058.html
     [23] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#namespaceDocument-8

  2.2 Architecture document

   See also: [24]findings.
    1. [25]26 Mar 2003 Working Draft of Arch Doc:
         1. Action DC 2003/02/06: Attempt a redrafting of 1st para under
            [26]2.2.4 of 6 Feb 2003 draft
         2. Action DC 2003/01/27: write two pages on correct and
            incorrect application of REST to an actual web page design
         3. Action DO 2003/01/27: Please send writings regarding Web
            services to tag@w3.org. DO grants DC license to cut and paste
            and put into DC writing.
         4. Action DC 2003/03/17: : Write some text for interactions
            chapter of arch doc related to [27]message passing, a dual of
            shared state.

     [24] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/findings
     [25] http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-webarch-20030326/
     [26] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2002/webarch-20030206#uri-use
     [27] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Mar/0018.html

  2.3 Issues that have associated action items

     * [28]xlinkScope-23
          + Status report?
          + See [29]draft, and [30]SW message to CG chairs.
     * [31]siteData-36
          + Action TBL 2003/02/24 : Summarize siteData-36
     * [32]xmlFunctions-34
          + Action TBL 2003/02/06: State the issue with a reference to
            XML Core work. See [33]email from TimBL capturing some of the
            issues.
     * [34]binaryXML-30
          + Action TB 2003/02/17: Write to www-tag with his thoughts on
            adding to survey.
          + Next steps to finding? See [35]summary from Chris.
     * [36]contentPresentation-26
          + Action CL 2003/02/06: Create a draft finding in this space.
            Deadline 3 March.
     * [37]rdfmsQnameUriMapping-6
          + Action DC 2003/02/06: Propose TAG response to XML Schema
            desideratum ([38]RQ-23).
     * [39]uriMediaType-9
          + Action DC 2003/02/06: Start discussion on
            discuss@apps.ietf.org, but not urgent
     * [40]HTTPSubstrate-16
          + Action RF 2003/02/06: Write a response to IESG asking whether
            the Web services example in the SOAP 1.2 primer is intended
            to be excluded from RFC 3205
          + See [41]message from Larry Masinter w.r.t. Web services.
     * [42]errorHandling-20
          + Action CL 2003/02/06: Write a draft finding on the topic of
            (1) early/late detection of errors (2) late/early binding (3)
            robustness (4) definition of errors (5) recovery once error
            has been signaled. Deadline first week of March.
     * [43]metadataInURI-31
          + Action SW 2003/02/06: Draft finding for this one.
     * [44]fragmentInXML-28 : Use of fragment identifiers in XML.
         1. Connection to content negotiation?
         2. Connection to opacity of URIs?
         3. No actions associated / no owner.

     [28] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist.html#xlinkScope-23
     [29] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Mar/0094.html
     [30] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Mar/0104
     [31] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist.html#siteData-36
     [32] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#xmlFunctions-34
     [33] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Feb/0309.html
     [34] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#binaryXML-30
     [35] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Feb/0224.html
     [36] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#contentPresentation-26
     [37] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#rdfmsQnameUriMapping-6
     [38] http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-xmlschema-11-req-20030121/#N400183
     [39] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#uriMediaType-9
     [40] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#HTTPSubstrate-16
     [41] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Feb/0208.html
     [42] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#errorHandling-20
     [43] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/open-summary.html#metadataInURI-31
     [44] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#fragmentInXML-28

3. Other actions

     * Action IJ 2003/02/06: Modify issues list to show that
       actions/pending are orthogonal to decisions. IJ is working with
       PLH on this. Revisit this end of April.

     _________________________________________________________________


    Ian Jacobs for Stuart Williams and TimBL
    Last modified: $Date: 2003/04/10 13:37:19 $


-- 
Ian Jacobs (ij@w3.org)   http://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs
Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447
Received on Thursday, 10 April 2003 10:26:39 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 26 April 2012 12:47:17 GMT