RE: two failings of XLink

From: Didier PH Martin <martind@netfolder.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 12:27:44 -0400
To: "'Jeni Tennison'" <jeni@jenitennison.com>, <www-tag@w3.org>, "'Norman Walsh'" <Norman.Walsh@sun.com>

Hi Jeni,

Jeni said:
  "A hypertext reference is a reference that, on traversal, should
   result in the referenced resource being presented to the user."

Didier replies:
I have to admit that this is not obvious at all to define an hyperlink.
I am not sure too that a stylesheet would be a an information object
visible to the user, at least not at run-time. If that is the case, an
IDE may treat an inclusion as a visible information object. For
instance, in the previous company I was working for, we had a tool
(i.e. an IDE) allowing to see and edit the main XML document, the
associated stylesheets, the inclusions and all other parts that may
compose the whole package. Maybe we should bring the distinction between
run-time and design time. If the information object is visible at
run-time or at design-time.

Cheers
Didier PH Martin