Re: two failings of XLink

Norm Walsh writes:
> I'm not sure I understand the connection you're making between
> "extended links require multiple elements" and "there's more than just
> a few extra tags involved".

It's a matter of counting.

See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2002Sep/0260.html

>From Elliotte's perspective (I think), there's just one link element
involved, and the contents with the details are just tags.  From my
perspective, all of those tags create elements, and the structures are
more complicated that "just a few extra tags" would imply.

Simon St.Laurent - SSL is my TLA
http://simonstl.com may be my URI
http://monasticxml.org may be my ascetic URI
urn:oid:1.3.6.1.4.1.6320 is another possibility altogether