Re: About XLink discussion

From: Ian B. Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 09:26:03 -0700
To: Ann Navarro <ann@webgeek.com>
CC: Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com>, HTML WG <w3c-html-wg@w3.org>, www-tag@w3.org

Ann Navarro wrote:

> [speaking as an individual, not as an editor of XHTML 2.0]
>
> I believe you've done the community a grave disservice by issuing such a
> succinct message of "in a unanimous decision, XHTML should do "X",
> without any acknowledgement of such controversy and history. (I also
> would request that the minutes of this discussion be posted in full (no
> 'light editing' as to content) immediately.

Hi Ann,

I am editing the minutes as we speak. They will not be available
immediately since the TAG has asked to review them first; they
had already detected some bugs after the first day.

> As others have suggested, any positioning of the TAG's opinion as a
> potential binding decision upon W3C work, without having impacted groups
> represented in the debate and discussion, is in my opinion, W3C process
> run amok.

Like TAG findings, this opinion from the TAG is not formally binding.

  - Ian

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/07/19-tag

Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447