Re: TAG Comments on XHTML 2.0 and HLink

From: <Svgdeveloper@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 12:34:02 EDT
To: ann@webgeek.com, www-tag@w3.org
In a message dated 26/09/2002 17:12:07 GMT Daylight Time, ann@webgeek.com
writes:

> However, I must object to the assertion that by making these changes that
> XHTML 2.0 completely disregards the installed knowledge base of  HTML and
> XHTML 1.0.

Ann,

When did anyone claim that XHTML 2.0 "completely disregards" the installed
base of HTML and XHTML 1.0?

I certainly don't recall anyone suggesting that.

More hyperbole? If someone actually suggested what you are objecting to would
you be kind enough to provide a quote and reference?

I accept that it has been suggested that XHTML 2.0 will meet signficant
resistance in the user community. But that is a significantly different
point.

Andrew Watt