W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > September 2002

[Agenda] 16 September TAG teleconf

From: Williams, Stuart <skw@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 06:12:41 +0100
Message-ID: <5E13A1874524D411A876006008CD059F04EBD8CB@0-mail-1.hpl.hp.com>
To: www-tag@w3.org

Hello,

A draft agenda for the 16 September 2002 TAG teleconference
is available as HTML [1] and as text below.

[Apologies that the usual links are missing from the text version]

Stuart
--
[1] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/16-tag


     Agenda for 16 September 2002 TAG teleconference 


     Note: The Chair does not expect the agenda to change after close of 
     business (Boston time) Thursday of this week. 

     1. Administrative (15min) 


      1. Confirm scribe and Chair (SW)  
      2. Roll call. Regrets: IJ  
      3. Accept 9 Sep minutes  
      4. Accept this agenda  
      5. Next meeting? Proposed 7th October (after F2F).  
      6. F2F Arrangements update.  

     1.2 Completed actions? 

         None.  
       
     2. Technical (75min) 


     2.1 Findings in progress, architecture document (20min) 

     See also: findings. 

      1. Findings in progress: 
          1. deepLinking-25 
              *  Action TB 2002/09/09: Revise draft as a result of feedback.


              *  Action DC 2002/09/09: Request Joe Reagle to review "Deep
Linking".  

          2. Internet Media Type registration, consistency of use. 
              *  Action PC 2002/09/09 to review updates to finding 
                 regarding 'cautionary' words about the nature of the 
                 advised registration process.  

              *  Does this change close issue RFC3023Charset-21? (We didn't 
                 answer this question last week).  

              *  Action SW 2002/09/09: Discuss approach the updating of 
                 accepted findings with Ian (pending Ian's return).  

      2. Architecture document 
          1. Action DC 2002/09/09: Summarize public feedback on WD (due 
             before F2F).  

          2. Action DC 2002/09/09: Write up alternate view of URI 
             properties table [decision tree->scheme].  

     2.2 Priority issues (55min) 

      1. xlinkScope-23 
          1. Action CL 2002/08/30: Request that the HTML WG to publish 
             their recent work related to linking (through HTML CG, WG, or 
             whatever works).  

      2. uriMediaType-9: 
           *  Action DC 2002/08/30: Write a draft Internet Draft based on 
              this finding (Deadline 30 Sep). This action probably subsumes 
              the action on TBL to get a reply from the IETF on the TAG 
              finding.  

           *  [Question from the chair: Is this the same as the ID that DanC

               is working with volunteer?]  

      3. Status of URIEquivalence-15. Relation to Character Model of the 
         Web (chapter 4)? See text from TimBL on URI canonicalization and 
         email from Martin in particular. See more comments from Martin. 
          1. Action DC 2002/08/30: Redraft section 2.2.1 of Arch Document 
             to address this issue.  

          2. Action CL 2002/08/30: Ask Martin Duerst for suggestions for 
             good practice regarding URI canonicalization issues, such as %
             7E v. &7e and suggested use of lower case.  

      4.httpRange-14 
             Discussion has been pending TBL's return. Is there anything we 
             can do ahead of the F2F that will help us conclude on this 
             issue. Summary of positions: 

              1. HTTP URI (without frag) identify documents and SHOULD NOT 
                 be used to identify abstract concepts or non-network 
                 connected real-world things like people, mountains or 
                 cars.  

              2. HTTP URI (without frags) MAY identify be used to identify 
                 any kind of thing, including abstract concepts and real-
                 world things like people, mountains or cars.  

      5. Status of discussions with WSA WG about SOAP/WSDL/GET/Query 
         strings? 
             Action TB 2002/09/09: Refer TAG to Paul Prescod's message on 
             problems with WSDL URI encoding.  

     2.3 New issues? 

         Use of frags in SVG v. in XML

         l  Action DC 2002/08/26: Describe this issue in more detail for 
            the TAG.  
Received on Thursday, 12 September 2002 01:13:08 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 26 April 2012 12:47:11 GMT