Re: How to Version XML Applications

From: Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 15:46:53 -0400
To: www-tag@w3.org

/ "Anthony B. Coates" <abcoates@TheOffice.net> was heard to say:
| If that isn't versioned, how to you tell which version is being referred to?  I'm
| yet to invent or read a solution that I find sufficiently robust and convincing.

You force the document to be self describing by adding a required
version attribute or element. If the attribute is present, you know
the version. If it's missing, the document isn't valid according to
its schema.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM    | 'tis expressly against the law of arms: 'tis
XML Standards Architect | as arrant a piece of knavery, mark you now,