Re: Comments on charmod from Chris

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 14:18:57 +0200
To: www-tag@w3.org
On Monday, May 27, 2002, 10:56:13 PM, Tim wrote:

TB> Chris Lilley wrote:
>> 8 Character Encoding in URI References
>>
>> Why not go further and say that the IRI form is used in the document instance
>> and the hexified URI form when it goes over the wire?

TB> Indeed, why not?  -Tim

To be clearer - I meant, why not say this explicitly rather than leave
the large number of possible operations (some nonsensical, such as put
hexified URLS in the source and send niceKanji over the wire over
http) or less useful (put hexified everywhere, with niceKanji as a
theoretical form that is never used) as an exercise for the reader or
the spec writer.