Re: My take at expressing SOAP HTTP POST binding requests in URI Space

Hi Roy,

On Sun, May 05, 2002 at 08:19:42PM -0700, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> > Comment; I think that mapping SOAP headers to HTTP headers would be a
> > better idea than mapping them to query parameters in the URI.
>
> There would be no benefit obtained by moving the essential elements
> of identification from the HTTP request-URI to the HTTP header fields.

SOAP headers do not (typically) serve a role in identifying a resource.

In David's example, the header specified a transaction id.  I don't see
how that is part of identifying a stock quote.  I should be able to
write down the stock quote URI on a napkin without knowing a transaction
id.

MB