Does XLink have a future at W3C?

From: <Svgdeveloper@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 10:44:19 EST
To: www-tag@w3.org
I guess I could have asked the question framed in the title of this email in
a less stark form. But I think the title distils the question that I, and a
number of others, wish to ask.

As some on this list will be aware XLink has been the subject of a recent
article on XML.com as well as a number of comments and questions on the XML
linking comments list.

What is the W3C's view of the future of XLink? What does the absence of a
publicly available future work program for the linking WG say in that
context?

I could ask many more nuanced questions to explore detail of factors which
might impinge on this matter. Let the question remain in its direct form -
Does XLink have a future at the W3C?

If this list is considered not to be the appropriate place to ask this
question, where ought it to be posed and publicly discussed?

Andrew Watt