Re: [namespaceDocument-8] 14 Theses, take 2

From: Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 12:11:14 -0800
To: www-tag@w3.org (TAG)
At 02:53 PM 01/03/02 -0500, Mark Baker wrote:
>> jpg vs. gif is clearly appropriate for conneg; I don't think many
>> would dispute text/plain vs. text/html (in most cases). What about
>> jpg vs. gif vs. SVG?

>> I agree that there's a clear distinction between RDF Schema and XML
>> Schema; I'm less sure that there is between XSD, Relax and DTD.

This area is just horribly fuzzy.  I'm pretty sure that for any of
{RDFS, XSD, RelaxNG, DTD} you can make assertions that can't be
made in the others.  At least pairwise.  Alternatively, you
*could* write a set of schemas that tried to do the same
things.  But this would be unidiomatic at best...  I'm not
really sure we're in content-negotiation territory at all here.

And as previously noted, to make things worse, it's not unusual
at all to have multiple schemas in the same schema language.
 -Tim