W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > July 2002

[Agenda] 29 July 2002 TAG teleconf (arch doc, httpRange-14, URIEquivalence-15)

From: Ian B. Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 10:36:31 -0400
Message-ID: <3D400CEF.20901@w3.org>
To: www-tag@w3.org

Hello,

The agenda of the 29 July TAG teleconf is available at
HTML [1] and text below.

  - Ian

[1] http://www.w3.org/2002/07/29-tag

-- 
Ian Jacobs (ij@w3.org)   http://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs
Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447

==========================================================

    [1]W3C [2]| TAG | Previous:[3]22 Jul | Next: 5 Aug

       [1] http://www.w3.org/
       [2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/
       [3] http://www.w3.org/2002/07/22-tag-summary

                   Agenda for 29 July 2002 TAG teleconference

    Nearby: [4]Teleconference details  [5]issues list  [6]www-tag
    archive

       [4] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/#remote
       [5] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist
       [6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/

    Note: The Chair does not expect the agenda to change after close of
    business (Boston time) Thursday of this week.

1. Administrative (15min)

     1. Confirm scribe
     2. Roll call. Regrets: NW, SW. Possible regrets: DO, PC
     3. Accept [7]22 July minutes
     4. Accept this [8]agenda
     5. Next meeting? Proposed 5 Aug.
     6. Confirm status of [9]completed actions
     7. Confirm status of [10]withdrawn actions [None]
     8. September meeting arrangements
        Action TB: Send info about hotels to TAG.

       [7] http://www.w3.org/2002/07/22-tag-summary
       [8] http://www.w3.org/2002/07/29-tag

   1.2 Completed actions?

     1. ACTION RF 2002/06/24: Write a paragraph on technical and 
political
        aspects of URIs and URI References. ([11]done)
     2. Action DC 2002/07/08: Propose text for section 1.1 (URI 
Schemes).
        Done, see [12]URI FAQ.
     3. Update and publish these findings as accepted. Action IJ and NW
        (done).
          1. [13]Using QNames as Identifiers
          2. [14]Consistency of Formatting Property Names, Values, and
             Semantics

      [11] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2002Jul/0253.html
      [12] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/ures14
      [13] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/qnameids
      [14] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/formatting-properties

2. Technical (75min)

   2.1 Findings in progress, architecture document (45min)

    See also: [15]findings.
     1. Architecture document
          1. Action CL 2002/07/08: Propose text for section 2 (Formats).
             Deadline 30 July.
          2. Action DC 2002/07/08: Ask Michael Mealing when IETF decided
             not to use HTTP URis to name protocols. Awaiting reply.
          3. Action DC: 2002/07/15: Generate tables of URI scheme props
             from RDF. (Take another stab?)
          4. Action IJ 2002/07/08: Produce WD of Arch Doc. Harvest from
             [16]DanC's URI FAQ. Deadline 30 August.
     2. [17]Internet Media Type registration, consistency of use.
           + Action PC [18]2002/07/08: Propose alternative cautionary
             wording for finding regarding IANA registration. Refer to
             "[19]How to Register a Media Type with IANA (for the IETF
             tree) "

      [15] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/findings
      [16] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/ures14.html
      [17] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2002/0129-mime
      [18] http://www.w3.org/2002/07/08-tag-summary#media-types
      [19] http://www.w3.org/2002/06/registering-mediatype

   2.2 Priority issues (30min)

     1. [20]httpRange-14: Need to make progress here to advance in Arch
        Document. See [21]thread started by Tim Bray.
          1. Action SW 2002/07/22: Persuade TimBL to write an exposition
             of his position on httpRange-14.
             SW: I spoke to TimBL.
     2. RFC3023Charset-21:
           + Action CL: Send copy of information sent to tag regarding
             [22]RFC3023Charset-21 to www-tag.
     3. Status of [23]URIEquivalence-15. Relation to Character Model of
        the Web (chapter 4)? See text from TimBL on [24]URI
        canonicalization and [25]email from Martin in particular. 
See more
        [26]comments from Martin.
          1. What should a finding look like for this?
     4. Status of discussions with WSA WG about SOAP/WSDL/GET/Query
        strings?
           + ACTION DO 2002/06/24: Contact WSDL WG about this issue
             (bindings, query strings and schemas) to ensure that 
it's on
             their radar. See [27]discussions from 24 Jun TAG teleconf.
     5. [28]xlinkScope-23
          1. Priority of this?
     6. [29]augmentedInfoset-22:
           + [30]Request from Tim Bray to decide this issue 
(disposition =
             closed). Pushback from Simon St. Laurent.
           + ACTION DC 2002/06/17: Talk to XML Schema WG about PSVI.
             Report to tag, who expects to decide whether to add as an
             issue next week. DanC has sent email; awaiting reply 
from XML
             Scheme WG.
     7. [31]deepLinking-25
          1. Action PC 2002/07/22: Ask Henrik Frystyk Nielsen to provide
             us with a precis of the ruling.
     8. [32]uriMediaType-9: Status of negotiation with IETF? See
        [33]message from DanC.
           + Action TBL: Get a reply from the IETF on the TAG finding.

      [20] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#httpRange-14
      [21] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2002Jul/0191.html
      [22] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist.html#RFC3023Charset-21
      [23] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#URIEquivalence-15
      [24] http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/Axioms.html#canonicalization
      [25] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2002May/0161
      [26] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2002Jul/0275.html
      [27] http://www.w3.org/2002/06/24-tag-summary.html#wsa-get
      [28] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#xlinkScope-23
      [29] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#augmentedInfoset-22
      [30] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2002Jul/0159.html
      [31] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist.html#deepLinking-25
      [32] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#uriMediaType-9
      [33] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2002Jun/0095.html

   2.3 New issues?

      _________________________________________________________________


     Ian Jacobs, for TimBL
     Last modified: $Date: 2002/07/25 14:38:26 $
Received on Thursday, 25 July 2002 10:39:43 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 26 April 2012 12:47:10 GMT