Re: httpRange-14 , what's the problem

Graham Klyne wrote:

>> My own view of what a resource is may be found in
>> http://www.textuality.com/tag/s1.1.html
>
> Looking at that reference:  what does it mean for representations to be
> "equivalent"?

That's a good point, and probably worth saying more about.  The
equivalence clearly cannot be absolute - the representation of a
resource you use for printing and the representation for a PDA are going
to differ not only in their appearance but in their content.

On the other hand, there is a strong architectural expectation that
multiple representations of a resource be *consistent*, and in fact
equivalent within the limits set by time, place, identity, and
capability.  -Tim