Two requests regarding TB16- was: naming and neccessity

From: Bill de hÓra <dehora@eircom.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 23:12:20 +0100
To: "'WWW TAG'" <www-tag@w3.org>
Cc: "'Tim Bray'" <tbray@textuality.com>

Dear Tag,

Tim Bray asked for specifics regarding Tag recommendations on namespaces
and dereferencing. Here are two:

 * The Web: that the Tag to make any decisions it sees fit regarding
accessing documentation about namespaces. I for one will accept it
gratefully. My own opinion is that dereferencing namespaces for
documentation is nifty, but it's much of a muchness and the web will
keep on trucking either way. It's largely a question of how convenient
we want to make matters.

* The Semantic Web: that the Tag to make no decision or statements
regarding RDF uses of URIs and ambiguity. It's early days for the
Semantic Web; where there is architecture, it is nascent. RDFCore is
doing good work moving RDF along with respect to cleaning up its
semantics; I feel it is best placed to pass issues along to the Tag as
it sees fit. Any further discussion can safely migrate to rdf-* lists.

regards,
Bill de hÓra

..
Propylon