RE: TB16 Re: Comments on arch doc draft

From: Bill de hÓra <dehora@eircom.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 21:31:29 +0100
To: "'WWW TAG'" <www-tag@w3.org>

Len,

It seems to be a genuine issue for RDF. At a model-theoretic level, RDF
depends on the idea that URIs are logical constants; further that they
are constant over time. Having such constants bound to more than one
thing, especially at the same time leads to ambiguity and very possibly
bogus entailments. Fwiw, my opinion is that we won't be able to specify
ambiguity away for the Semantic Web, much as we'd like to, and that this
is less of an issue for the current Web machinery, but it does no harm
to make people aware of the issue in the RDF context.

Bill de hÓra

..
Propylon
www.propylon.com