Re: TB16 Re: Comments on arch doc draft

"Bullard, Claude L (Len)" wrote:

> There are information resources that exist in their
> own systems (please, not shared information space)
> which can be processed with the same technology but
> which can only become web-dereferenceable based on
> local policies not governed by the principles of
> web architecture.

It makes not sense to attempt to design web technologies for possible
uses in other architectures. We cannot predict the shape or needs of
those architectures. Furthermore, many corporations successfully use the
web architecture in their internal systems.

But most important, support for non-web architectures cannot be in the
mandate of the "World Wide Web Consortium". Let's stay focused!

---
Come discuss XML and REST web services at:
  Open Source Conference: July 22-26, 2002,
conferences.oreillynet.com/os2002/
  Extreme Markup: Aug 4-9, 2002,  www.extrememarkup.com/extreme/