Re: Background information on GET and XForms (was: GET should be encouraged...)

From: Paul Prescod <paul@prescod.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 08:38:02 -0800
To: Gavin Thomas Nicol <gtn@rbii.com>
CC: w3c-forms@w3.org, www-tag@w3.org
Gavin Thomas Nicol wrote:

> If what you claim is true, GET+URL-encoding shouldn't be allowed
> either... the queries should be mapped into the URI space instead.

By definition, it *is* a mapping into the URI space! But I do feel it
would be very helpful if there were an easy way to use forms to build
arbitrary URIs. Something like this would be useful:

http://www.webhistory.org/www.lists/www-talk.1994q3/1065.html

I haven't formally asked for support for this in XForms because it is
not fair to add requirements so late.

Nevertheless, that's just a question of how much flexibility the server
has in mapping to URIs, not whether it is doing so. It is.

 Paul Prescod