Issue request for the TAG: XForms

From: Barstow Art (NMP/Boston) <Art.Barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 16:46:23 -0500
To: <www-tag@w3.org>
On January 18, 2002, the XForms Working Group released a Last
Call Working Draft of XForms - the next generation of web forms:

 [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xforms/

Web forms are an important part of the web and thus require
a well-designed architecture.  Although XForms is not an
Architectural Recommendation per se, the TAG's charter does
not preclude [1]'s attention:

 [[
 Technical Architecture Group (TAG) Charter
 http://www.w3.org/2001/07/19-tag

 The TAG is not expected to review every document on the W3C
 Recommendation track, only those that include Architectural
 Recommendations or that are brought to the attention of the TAG.
 ]]

I request that [1] be added to the TAG's issue list.  I am particularly
interested in the TAG's comments about XForm's: scalability/layering;
understandability/complexity; interoperability/compatibility level
with HTML forms; conformance requirements.

Regards,

Art Barstow
---