Re: Issue request for the TAG: XForms

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 18:21:54 -0500 (EST)
To: Art.Barstow@nokia.com ("Barstow Art (NMP/Boston)")
Cc: www-tag@w3.org
Since somebody else has brought up XForms, I'd like to point out the
following section (as discovered by Paul Prescod);

http://www.w3.org/TR/xforms/slice4.html#evt-submit

In particular,

  The HTTP "get" protocol is deprecated for use in form submission.
  Form authors should use "post" for greater compatibility.

I don't have an issue with XForms not supporting GET (though once it's
there, I wonder why you'd want to get rid of it), but I do have an
issue if it's deprecating GET *and* claiming to be able to replace
HTML forms;

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2002Jan/0092.html

The thread in which this is still being discussed is;

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2002Jan/thread.html#81

FWIW, I don't think this requires TAG attention yet, but if any of the
TAG members are looking at XForms anyhow ...

MB