RE: Is "simplicity" a useful architectural constraint?

From: Jeff Lowery <jlowery@scenicsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 10:36:10 -0800
To: "'Norman Walsh'" <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM>, www-tag@w3.org
Cc: "'www-tag@w3.org'" <www-tag@w3.org>
[serious mode on]

I do have a pet peeve regarding W3C specs, and that is the occasional
appearence of terms that have not been defined. I think a requirement for a
glossary of terms is in order. Not only does this add clarity to the spec,
it also forces the editors to think carefully about the terms themselves and
not give them multiple or ambiguous meanings as seems to happen from time to
time. It may not make the specs themsselves easier, but it would make them
easier to understand.