RE: Is "simplicity" a useful architectural constraint?

From: Jeff Lowery <jlowery@scenicsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 18:29:03 -0800
To: "'Roy T. Fielding'" <fielding@ebuilt.com>
Cc: www-tag@w3.org

> Ignore the size of the specification.  What is important in
> an architecture
> is the complexity of an implementation and the complexity of
> its interactions
> with other components.
>
> ....Roy

Well, then we're back to something that is indeed difficult to measure,
especially the latter.

Maybe a scale of grokability is the way to go... hell, if I understand it,
it's got to be simple. If only Roy T. Fielding understands it... well, back
to the drawing board.

We can call it the Lowery-Fielding Scale of Grokability. Oh yeah... I get
first billing.