RE: Is "simplicity" a useful architectural constraint?

[...]
> Maybe a scale of grokability is the way to go... hell, if I
> understand it, it's got to be simple. If only Roy T. Fielding
> understands it... well, back to the drawing board.

I agree - if only one or two implementors understand how to properly
interact with their system via a protocol/interface/whatever then back to
the drawing board. If many many implementors can understand how to interact
via a protocol/interface/whatever, then it has a chance.