Re: [namespaceDocument-8] 14 Theses, take 2

On Wed, 2002-02-27 at 12:02, Tim Berners-Lee wrote:
> IMHO
>
> I have running code which uses the RDFS algorithms to
> check consistency of a document with its RDF schema, doing
> recursively checking the validity of any schemas encountered too.
> I use it.  It wouldn't work if I have to do some human reading of the
> namespace document at each point.  ((It doesn't grok RDDL either,
> and I'm not really that keen to add a rddl-to-rdf client module on
> because for me it means code bloat, when rdf would have not.))
>
> So  "a predictable way to get machine readable
> information about of namespace documents" exists, doesn't it?

Perhaps, though this "predictable way" seems deeply disconnected from
XML practice.

Most XML developers don't touch RDF, or even have much interest in it.
XLink, while slightly arcane, isn't especially difficult, especially as
RDDL uses it.  The part of RDDL most people seem to stumble on - the use
of URIs as identifiers - is also likely to keep them out of RDF.

This may work for you, but I don't believe it makes sense as a general
solution for work with XML namespaces.

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!