Re: Namespace dispatching

From: Simon St.Laurent <simonstl@simonstl.com>
Date: 19 Feb 2002 10:45:28 -0500
To: TAG <www-tag@w3.org>
On Tue, 2002-02-19 at 09:02, Paul Prescod wrote:
> I think I understand from the IRC logs that the idea is that the world
> of XML documents will be divided into two sets, those where the
> top-level namespace allows dispatching and those where it does not. The
> latter documents must not be shipped with a +xml suffix.

If the latter is the case, that's an enormously creative
reinterpretation of RFC 3023 that I don't find plausible.

+xml indicates that the document is XML, per XML 1.0.  It makes no
requirements whatsoever of particular namespace usage, nor do I believe
it should.

If someone wants to make this argument, they should bring it up on
ietf-xml-mime@imc.org.

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!