RE: [namespaceDocument-8] 14 Theses, take 2

From: Simon St.Laurent <simonstl@simonstl.com>
Date: 19 Feb 2002 01:20:21 -0500
To: Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com>
Cc: "'TAG'" <www-tag@w3.org>
On Mon, 2002-02-18 at 23:40, Tim Bray wrote:
> >I don't mind reserving the term 'schema' to mean
> >something syntactic in TAG use, if that's really
> >the way it's used in the wild. I just wonder
> >if that's the way it's used in the wild.
>
> As often as not, I'd say.  Simon's not convinced.  Anyone have
> any more evidence?  -Tim

I'm not sure my being convinced or not matters, so long as you're in the
business of making sure there's a level of indirection between namespace
URI and schema XYZ.  Lose that level, and I'll argue quite strongly.

I just want to make sure that informal descriptions (and random code)
are recognized as useful information, potentially even schemas of a
sort, and that any system of namespace documents doesn't give
'validating schemas' particular privilege over these.

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!