Re: [namespaceDocument-8] 14 Theses

From: Simon St.Laurent <simonstl@simonstl.com>
Date: 18 Feb 2002 10:20:27 -0500
To: www-tag@w3.org
On Mon, 2002-02-18 at 01:00, Tim Bray wrote:
> We have general agreement that the issue of "namespace
> documents" is one that deserves further study.  I spent
> some time over the weekend trying to get my thoughts and
> arguments in order and have published them at
>
>  http://www.textuality.com/tag/Issue8.html
>
> Note that this also takes care of my action item to say
> something about URNs as namespace names. -Tim

The only thing I see missing here (not that I agree with everything, but
that's a separate matter) is mention of URI metadata approaches.

There was some talk about running RDDL over the Dynamic Delegation
Discovery System (DDDS).  Links for relevant documents are listed in:
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/urn-charter.html

I think DDDS offers an interesting addition to the question of "how do I
find out about a namespace", and perhaps even offers a means of
collecting a 'document' worth of information in cases where the
URI-document connection doesn't exist.

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!