[uriMediaType-9] Re: Minutes from 4 Feb 2002 TAG teleconference

I, too, would like to see content-types (and other IETF protocol
parameters) as 1st class objects (by which I understand URI-referencable is
meant).

There are a couple of IETF-domain efforts bubbling under that I hope can
provide for this.

This has already been noted:
   http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-eastlake-cturi-03.txt

Also, there's:
   http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mealling-iana-urn-02.txt
which provides a framework for registering IETF protocol parameters in URI
space.

#g
--

At 03:39 PM 2/11/02 -0500, Ian B. Jacobs wrote:
>TBL: We could suggest that it would be good if mime types
>became first-class objects.
>
>TB: This issue has an IETF feel to me.
>
>DC: I don't agree there's a problem. I agree that people
>talk about this a lot.

Graham Klyne
GK@NineByNine.org