Re: Slight architectural discrepancy between XMl 1.0 & the infoset

From: Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 16:53:40 -0500
To: Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com>
Cc: <www-tag@w3.org>, www-xml-infoset-comments@w3.org
/ Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com> was heard to say:
| This seems serious to me, the infoset seems to be requiring
| behavior of software which a reasonable reader of the XML 1.0
| would not expect. -Tim

As James Clark has observed, there's nothing in the XML Recommendation
that says a parser has to report start and end tags. I don't think
it's a problem. The Infoset doesn't require you to do anything, it
provides a vocabulary to describe unambiguously what your processor
does produce or does require.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--