Re: WebArch Ambiguity about Objects, PLUS Suggested Major Replacement

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 13:57:12 -0500
To: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Cc: www-tag@w3.org

Sandro,

You realize that this is httpRange-14, right? 8-)

On Mon, Dec 30, 2002 at 12:32:02PM -0500, Sandro Hawke wrote:
> > Agents identify objects in the system (called "resources") with
> > Uniform Resource Identifiers (URIs), defined in [RFC2396].
>
> Sounds like data-structure objects, since they are "in the system".

That's the "http URIs identify the data/document" view.  My view is
that http URIs can identify anything, and therefore *I* am on/in/part-of
the Web because I claim that "http://www.markbaker.ca" identifies me.

We don't need to open this issue again, but I'd just like to state that
I'm quite happy with the wording in the architecture document, and would
ask that it not be changed.

Thanks.

MB