Section 4; is REST's uniform interface constraint a "principle"?

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 23:21:25 -0500
To: www-tag@w3.org

Hi,

I would like to ask a question of the TAG about section 4 of webarch.

REST is referenced in the title of section 4.1, as well as earlier on in
section 1; does that mean that REST's uniform interface constraint will
be listed as a "principle" of Web architecture?  (ditto for the others,
though I'm only asking about the uniform interface constraint right
now).

I don't believe the TAG, as a group, has had this discussion yet.  But
it seems to me to be pretty darned important, especially as Web services
don't use this constraint.

FWIW, I would ideally like to raise this as an issue, but I don't
believe the process allows for it, as the Web Services Architecture WG
have just decided[1] to wait to close the issue I raised[2] on this
subject until the TAG takes a position on it.  Which is why I'm asking
now.

Thanks!

 [1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-arch/2002Dec/0086
 [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-wsa-comments/2002Nov/0001