RE: what's wrong with using XML Schema/HTML/RDF to document namespaces?

On Mon, 2002-12-09 at 15:41, David Orchard wrote:

> Dan,
>
> I have a very big concern that most namespace names will become used as URIs
> to XML Schema documents.  That trend is already occuring.  And XML Schema
> documents are, how shall I say it, not very human understandable.  The XMLP
> group has provided wonderful rationale for why required machine
> understandable references (DTDs) in a document are a bad thing.

They did?

I presume you mean

  # XMLP WG Response on "SOAP and the Internal Subset"
  David Fallside (Mon, Dec 09 2002)
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2002Dec/0119.html

I don't think I understand what you mean by
"machine understandable references (DTDs) in a document" let
alone do I see any argument against such in that message.

Could you elaborate a bit w.r.t. the examples I gave below?
What exactly is the problem in these cases?