Re: New Issue: Range of URI+fragment dereference function (new issue?)

Norman Walsh wrote:

> I think we can finesse that point as follows:
>
>   For instance, if the representation is an HTML document, the
>   fragment identifier designates a hypertext anchor. If the
>                                                      ^^^^^^
>   representation is an XML document, the fragment identifier
>   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>   designates an element. In the case of a graphics format, a URI
>   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>   reference might designate a circle or spline.

What if the representation is both an XML document and a graphics
format? i.e. SVG!

> ... In the case of RDF, a
>   a URI reference can designate anything, be it abstract (e.g., a
>   dream) or concrete (e.g., my car).

Here we go again. Are we designating the element or the abstraction
represented by the element?

--
"When I walk on the floor for the final execution, I'll wear a denim
suit. I'll walk in there like Willie Nelson, John Wayne, Will Smith