RE: No consensus on draft findings on Unsafe Methods (whenToUseGe t-7)

The discussion on this thread hinges on the intent and interpretation of the
two priniples in the draft at: http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/get7

 - safe methods (GET/HEAD) should be used for safe operations: read, query,
view, ask, lookup
 - safe methods must not be used for unsafe operations: write, update,
modify, tell, buy, agree

The first of these can be read two way:
	a) when using GET/HEAD you should be doing something that is 'safe'.
   or b) the *only* methods you should be using for 'safe' operations are
GET/HEAD.

So it would be good to get the intended emphasis straightened out.

It also seems evident that folks do use POST for some things that are
considered 'safe' and the there seems to be some acknowledgment that this is
not an unreasonable thing to do.

So... it might be worth adding a clause to the effect that:

	"POST may be used for 'safe' operations"

and detail the circumstances when this would be reasonable, those when it
would not and what is lost if in inappropriate choice is made.

Regards

Stuart