RE: The range of the HTTP dereference function

From: Bullard, Claude L (Len) <clbullar@ingr.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 08:39:50 -0500
To: "'Roy T. Fielding'" <fielding@apache.org>
Cc: www-tag@w3.org
GET and PUT are not provably safe but acceptable
for most stateless transactions.  If she really
wants the ring and paper, you'll have to POST
of SMTP but given the viral problems with attachments, you
may wish to declare and sign a CONOPs then use
a more direct interface that has been tested and
vetted such as SOAP and RPC.  Given requirements
for bidirectionality, and persistence of the connection,
it will have to be "off the web".

len