Re: The range of the HTTP dereference function

From: Jonathan Borden <jonathan@openhealth.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 08:22:37 -0400
To: "Sean B. Palmer" <sean@mysterylights.com>, "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@apache.org>
Cc: "Norman Walsh" <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM>, <www-tag@w3.org>

> And no, I don't interact with my girlfriend via HTTP.  She only
> accepts requests via SMTP, tel, and a few other less standardized
> access mechanisms.

Actually, Roy, that has been studied. Those so-called less standardized
access mechanisms have been found to be widespread, indeed the only actually
universal, mechanisms, and quite standardized. Coded in the genome in fact.
:-) *

Jonathan

*Of course the monkey and turtle SIGs have had some trouble getting it
together but I hear there is a task force ...