"resolution mechanism"

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 15:53:10 -0400
To: "Ian B. Jacobs" <ij@w3.org>
Cc: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com>, www-tag@w3.org
Since nobody else has brought this up yet, I thought I'd mention that
my interpretation of TimBL's comments in the minutes was that he
was referring to HTTP GET, not DNS.

When you combine this;

 "2. Any place I can use a URI I can use any URI."
   -- http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/UI.html

with this;

 "Request-Line   = Method SP Request-URI SP HTTP-Version CRLF"
   -- http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2616.txt

you can see that HTTP methods, including GET, are suitable for resolving
and manipulating all resources, not just those in the HTTP URI scheme.