RE: [namespaceDocument-8] RDF and RDDL

At 01:43 PM 08/04/02 +0100, Williams, Stuart wrote:
>Which links the namespace with an RDF blank node that represents the RDDL
>directory entry. The directory entry carries properties for RDDL purpose,
>prose description and related resource. The nature property is attached to
>the RDF node that represents the related resource.

The point I keep trying to make is that the properties like
"nature", "purpsoe", and "description", are properties <emph>of
the related resource</emph>, not of the namespace or of the RDDL
or of the directory entry.  T

>One of the things that does concern me a bit is the conflation of the
>namespace and the namespace document under a single URI.

No matter how hard I try I can't get worried.  A namespace
name names a namespace.  It can be used to retrieve a directory
which contains pointers to resources related to that namespace,
and descriptions of those related resources.  Those resources
can include human-readable descriptive text, and can optionally
be located right there in the directory.

>We are now left with the question of whether http://www.rddl.org/#Nature
>names a type of XML element or whether it identifies a fragment within a
>RDDL document.

The interpretation of '#Nature' is different depending on whether
it's pointing into an XHTML file (whether it's a RDDL or not) or
an RDF schema or whatever.  I don't think there's room for
confusion.

>This is of course just a variant of whether http://www.rddl.org/ names a
>namespace or a namespace document.

It names a namespace.  That's not in question.  If dereferencing
the resource returns a namespace document, that's a good and
useful optional extra. -Tim