Re: [namespaceDocument-8] RDF and RDDL

From: Sean B. Palmer <sean@mysterylights.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 15:13:16 +0100
To: "Williams, Stuart" <skw@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: "WWW TAG" <www-tag@w3.org>
Hi there,

> > As the author of many, many, RDF-in-XHTML proposals,
> Do you have any particular favorites you could point me at.

Sure. The following two are my favourites, making use of (i.e. extending
the woefully inadequate) existing XHTML metadata constructs:-

- Interpreting <link> and <meta> as RDF
(that approach in action:

- Augmented Metadata in XHTML (this was actually Murray's work, by and

I've also taken other approaches, such as adding Dublin Core to XHTML with
modularization, and I have an as-yet unpublished article which outlines a
slightly more radical approach for encoding metadata in document formats.
There was also a huge thread about the RDF-in-XHTML topic on

- Threads From RDF IG, April 2001

For as long as there has been RDF, there have been people wanting to embed
it in HTML!

> > I smell a hack.
> ... or maybe just unwarranted optimism about the ease with
> which XML vocabularies can be mixed ;-).

Or both. But then again, it's not as if I'm pitching <marquee> :-)

Kindest Regards,
Sean B. Palmer
@prefix : <http://purl.org/net/swn#> .
:Sean :homepage <http://purl.org/net/sbp/> .