Re: TAG seeks input re www-tag

On Tue, Apr 02, 2002 at 04:46:16PM -0600, Aaron Swartz wrote:
> On 2002-04-01 04:31 PM, "Mark Baker" <distobj@acm.org> wrote:
>
> > What about a separate public discussion list for Web architecture
> > to which not-directly-TAG-related discussion could be nudged?
>
> I'd suggest that www-talk might be an acceptable home for such discussion.
> It's been pretty quiet lately. ;-)

I agree, www-talk seems very appropriate for this.

This is already documented on the TAG home page: [1]

| Therefore, before you post to www-tag, you should consider the
| following alternatives:
|
|   - Is there another group within W3C that is more suited to
|     address this issue? Check out the list of W3C mailing lists
|     and list of W3C Activities.
|
|   - General discussion about the Web should take place on
|     www-talk@w3.org.

Suggestion: amend that to:

  - General discussion about Web architecture should take place
    on www-talk@w3.org.

and use www-tag only for discussion of specific TAG issues and
deliverables.

I'd welcome more traffic on www-talk; I tried to revive it a few
months ago [2], rather unsuccessfully.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/#tag-attn
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-talk/2001SepOct/0027.html

--