Re: What is SVGGraphicsElement.getBBox() expected to return for textPaths and tspans?

From: Kari Pihkala <kari.pihkala@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 09:15:30 +0200
To: Nikos Andronikos <Nikos.Andronikos@cisra.canon.com.au>
Cc: Sebastian Zartner <sebastianzartner@gmail.com>, www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>
<Nikos.Andronikos@cisra.canon.com.au>:
> To answer your first question, for getBBox() on textPath and tspan, the
> expected result is the bounding box of the glyphs within the respective
> textPath or tspan element.

The bounding box calculation of text elements uses the terms "glyph
cell" and "full glyph cell". I assume textPath and tspan also uses
them.

Can you add clear definitions for "glyph cell" and "full glyph cell"
to the spec? Thay haven’t been defined anywhere and there has been
some confusion what they mean [1][2].

Thanks,
Kari

[1] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2007Feb/0017.html