transform property on <tspan> and <textPath>

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 14:35:08 +1100
To: www-svg@w3.org
In the SVG 2 draft, we allow transform on <tspan> and <textPath>.  I
realise now however that this is inconsistent with what CSS allows in
non-SVG documents, and if we are defining SVG text layout in terms of
CSS text layout (plus an additional layer of SVG glyph positioning),
then we might want to reconsider.

Specifically, the transform property is defined to apply only to
“transformable elements”:

  https://drafts.csswg.org/css-transforms/#transformable-element

Notably this doesn’t include inline elements, which is what we are
considering <tspan> and <textPath> to be.

As far as I know nobody has implemented this.

--
Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/