W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-svg@w3.org > January 2016

Minutes, 7 January 2016 SVG WG telcon

From: Nikos Andronikos <Nikos.Andronikos@cisra.canon.com.au>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2016 22:41:55 +0000
To: www-svg <www-svg@w3.org>
Message-ID: <F1F92ABC-CAB8-4EA6-8A36-E68E2C4201A8@cisra.canon.com.au>
The minutes from today’s telcon are here:

http://www.w3.org/2016/01/07-svg-minutes.html


And as text:

W3C http://www.w3.org/

SVG Working Group Teleconference
07 Jan 2016

Agenda https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2016Jan/0000.html


See also: IRC log http://www.w3.org/2016/01/07-svg-irc


Attendees

   Present
          nikos, ed, heycam, fesch, Tav,
          stakagi, shepazu, Cameron, tav

   Regrets
   Chair
          nikos

   Scribe
          Cameron

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]Sydney F2F and meetup
         2. [6]SVG 2 chapter progress and planning
     * [7]Summary of Action Items
     * [8]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <scribe> Scribe: Cameron

   <scribe> ScribeNick: heycam

Sydney F2F and meetup

   <nikos> [9]http://www.meetup.com/SVG-AU/pages/Feb-Meet-Plan/


      [9] http://www.meetup.com/SVG-AU/pages/Feb-Meet-Plan/


   nikos: this is mark's initial plan for the event to run while
   we're in town
   ... this for the Thursday night
   ... the first night of the SVG meeting
   ... there's also a CSS event on the Wednesday night hosted at
   Google
   ... Alex is speaking for a long talk. he's looking for another
   long talk, and some lightning talks.
   ... if people aren't keen for a long talk, we could offer an
   alternative such as a panel session
   ... the other would be to do a collobrative talk, or use a
   previously written talk
   ... if anyone is initially keen to give a 35 minute talk
   (already prepared or a new one)

   shepazu: I would be up for doing a lightning talk on SVG
   Accessibility

   nikos: I'm happy to do one on diffusion curves too

   Tav: I could talk on some of the exciting SVG 2 stuff, which
   might not make a 35 minute talk

   shepazu: pretty pictures plus here's the syntax would make a
   good lightning talk too

   nikos: how about a lightning talk from Tav, and then a panel
   session

   shepazu: we can just split up that 35 min thing into more
   lightning talks and a panel session

   nikos: I'll talk to Mark and say that's what we're happy to
   plan for
   ... at the CSS meetup on Wednesday they are also happy to have
   SVG talks
   ... I'll let the CSS folks know that you (Tav) will give a
   short talk on SVG 2 upcoming features
   ... also don't forget to register for our F2F

   [10]https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/19480/Sydney2016/


     [10] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/19480/Sydney2016/


SVG 2 chapter progress and planning

   <nikos>
   [11]https://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/SVG2_Chapter_Assess

   ment

     [11] https://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/SVG2_Chapter_Assessment


   nikos: I think the main thing there is the Text chapter
   ... Tav can you repeat what needs doing before the F2F for
   Cameron?

   Tav: I haven't looked at it in the last month, but I need
   Cameron to finish the algorithm section
   ... if he's still planning on doing that

   heycam: how much work is gated on that that you want to get
   done before the F2F?

   Tav: as much as possible
   ... my plan is to move the baseline stuff into the properties
   section
   ... (that's something I'll talk about at the meetup)
   ... then I'll start working on looking at the Shapes 2 spec and
   what needs to be done there

   heycam: do you think we'll be able to proceed with SVG 2 as CR
   before the Shapes 2 work is done?

   Tav: I've been told there has been work done on it, but I
   haven't been following closely, so I need to catch up on that
   ... what we need is very small

   nikos: so we'll talk about this on the FX day?

   Tav: yes. by then I should have a list of things to discuss.

   nikos: it would be good if I could pass them an agenda a bit
   ahead of time
   ... so if you have a list send it to me

   Tav: the biggest problem I can see is defining where you begin
   line flow
   ... suppose you have a circle, and you're trying to fill a
   circle with text, how do you position the first line

   nikos: let's talk about it some more once you've had a look at
   that spec
   ... I have the Coords chapter, which I haven't done much on;
   I've sent a mail to Dirk to see what he's got up to
   ... there are a couple of open issues in the spec which I'll
   try to get done by the F2F (or ready for discussion)
   ... I was also going to try applying the new TR style sheet
   ... which is rolling out Feb 1?

   shepazu: as far as we know right now we are still on track
   ... there may actually be a small amount of JS in it

   nikos: is that to keep a pointer in the index for where you're
   up to or something?

   shepazu: I think it might be related to the ToC sidebar,
   turning it on or off I think?

   nikos: Cameron?

   heycam: there are two red issues in the Painting chapter; one
   relates to the new non-scaling features, but I think those
   should move into the Coords chapter
   ... the second is a maker positioning issue and some rewording
   tweaks for old wording
   ... that's all there's left in that chapter
   ... I will prioritise the Text stuff

   trackbot: end telcon

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]

The information contained in this email message and any attachments may be confidential and may also be the subject to legal professional privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, interference with, disclosure or copying of this material is unauthorised and prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately advise the sender by return email and delete the information from your system.
Received on Thursday, 7 January 2016 22:42:31 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 8 March 2017 09:47:43 UTC