Re: Proposal: <star> element

On Mar 9, 2014, at 9:58 AM, Paul LeBeau <paul.lebeau@gmail.com> wrote:
> My draft definition for a new <star> element can be found here:
>
> http://paullebeau.com/svg2/star/star.html

The ‘density’ attribute seems mathematically sound, but not artist-friendly. As with Adobe Illustrator, I’d prefer an ‘inner-radius’ (or other name) instead, specifying an arbitrary radius at which the ‘half’ points touch. The only problem with this is that it makes pure polygons basically impossible to create with an explicit value. You could solve this by having the default value be some empty sigil that indicates a polygon, or you could do what Illustrator does: separate the use cases for stars from the use case for polygons.