Re: 'stroke' shorthand

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 7:20 PM, Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just a clarification: I do not question the use of shorthands as used by
> the CSS WG. Once you know the idea behind shorthands they are very
> convenient. See inline content:
>
> On Nov 14, 2013, at 5:50 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 1:58 AM, Dr. Olaf Hoffmann <Dr.O.Hoffmann@gmx.de>
> wrote:
> >> Dirk Schulze:
> resets
> WG:

> stoke-linejoin to
> set
> >>
> >> Such a behaviour seems to be of limited use and will typically not
> >> meet what authors want ...
> >
> > Dirk's code is obviously useless, but the resetting functionality
> > itself is very useful.
>
> The code is useless if we would already HAVE the shorthand functionality.
> I just wanted to point out that turning stroke to a shorthand could
> potentially break content. As a matter of fact, I was opening some old
> files I still had, and I found quite a mixture and some examples would look
> different after turning stroke into a shorthand. I did not check the export
> of Illustrator and InkScape yet.

I checked Illustrator and it always puts the stroke first:

.st{fill:#00FF00;stroke:#000000;stroke-width:4;stroke-linecap:round;stroke-linejoin:round;stroke-miterlimit:10;stroke-dasharray:12;}

<rect x="246" y="59" class="st" width="374" height="266"/>

so content from Illustrator should not be affected if we were to make this
change.