Re: Resource priorities and SVG

On Nov 1, 2013, at 7:54 AM, Satoru Takagi <sa-takagi@kddi.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Since I am participating in draft editing of the Embedded Content chapter*1
> for SVG2.0, I am also doing examination*2 regarding Resource Priorities.

In your proposal (if I understand it correctly), you suggest loading a part of one image resource. (Note that ‘clip' is not supported on  image elements though.) This is NOT part of the proposal from Resource Priorities.

Something that would fulfill your requirements is the case of having multiple images in your document and many of them would not be within the currently visible area. These images would not be loaded until they get visible (by scrolling or panning).

Hope that helps.

Greetings,
Dirk