Re: [svg2] paint-order naming and computed value

On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 6:32 PM, Erik Dahlstrom <ed@opera.com> wrote:
> A couple of comments on the paint-order property[1] in svg2:
>
> a) the computed value is 'as specified', but it would simplify the
> implementation if it was normalized into the ordered list of operations
> instead.
>    Examples:
>      'stroke' becomes 'stroke fill markers'
>      'normal' becomes 'fill stroke markers'.
>
> Are there any compelling reasons to force 'as specified' here, or is the
> normalization described above allowed already?

"As specified" probably isn't right for the computed value anyway - it
really is an ordered list of the three paint phases.  Serialization,
on the other hand, can be whatever we want.  I'm fine with defining
that serialization fills in all three values, "forgetting" what
precisely the author originally put in.

~TJ