Re: [filter-effects] color-interpolation-filters

From: Tavmjong Bah <tav.w3c@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2013 16:05:07 +0100
To: Erik Dahlstrom <ed@opera.com>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org
On Wed, 2013-01-09 at 14:44 +0100, Erik Dahlstrom wrote:
> If we do say that colors are specified in the linearRGB space, then the
> color chapter (and CSS2) is incorrect.
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/color.html#ColorIntroduction says:
> [[ All SVG colors are specified in the sRGB color space. ]]

I saw this after I sent the last email. Perhaps it is best that flood
and lighting colors be defined only in sRGB.

> The specification of color isn't an interpolation, so I'm not sure how
> 'color-interpolation-filters' would apply. Perhaps we need a new property
> for this?

feTurbulence filter does use the value of 'color-interpolation-filter'
to determine the color space:

"The generated color and alpha values are in the color space determined
by the ‘color-interpolation-filters’ property:"

Tav