Re: Drop SVGPaint and CSS color keywords (was Re: what to do with the color-profile property, element and at-rule?)

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 13:22:57 +1000
To: Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com>
CC: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>, SVG public list <www-svg@w3.org>
Dirk Schulze:
> First, do we want to remove the section about color keywords and reference to the keywords from CSS3 Color instead? [1][2]

Yes, I think the group has agreed to that already.  The third annotation
at the top of color.html says "Support CSS3 Color syntax".  Chris has an
action to do this.

> Second, do we want to drop the SVGPaint interface now? It is already deprecated in SVG1.1SE with a note that it may be dropped from future versions. [3]

I think that's pretty much what I asked in
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2012May/0060.html and my
feeling now is yes we should; even if CSSOM Values is not yet ready,
authors can work with the property string values currently.